I chatted and started to give the attorney my information…

Customer Question
Hi: I chatted and...

Hi: I chatted and started to give the attorney my information and put the deposit of $5.00 to come back and do it since something came up.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I spoke with you earlier Pearl Wilson.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet remember I had to stop the chat but I gave you all my information.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just want to know if it is legal in the state of California to fire an employee when they are connecting state disability and what action my friend can take. Also her manager did NOT tell H.R. and she did not know what to do. Her manager never told my friend you have to take these actions. So now she has been terminated from her job.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
12/30/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.
Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

Is your question whether it's legal to fire someone for collecting disability or is it legal to fire someone for having a disability. The first one is not illegal (although I don't know why they'd do that...) while the second one is.