If in Texas a landlord under oath makes a false statement in…

Customer Question
Good afternoon. Lawyer's Assistant:...

Good afternoon.

Lawyer's Assistant: Hi. How can I help?

If in Texas a landlord under oath makes a false statement in an eviction court, is a final eviction reversible please?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

The eviction occurred in June, 2016. I fully paid it - $1,500.00 - but because it is on my record am now having difficulty renting with other properties. In my view the eviction was unjust and possibly unlawful because I notified the landlord that I would be moving - I still have the email to prove it - and the landlord then in court denied before the judge that I had notified her.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, thank you.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
12/30/2017
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

It could give you grounds to appeal if it was a material issue that could have affected the outcome. But you would only have had 30 days to file an appeal. So if this happened back in 2016, and you didn't appeal then, it would be too late to do so now..

.

I am very sorry that I don’t have better news, but please understand that I do have an ethical and professional obligation to provide customers with legally correct answers based on my knowledge and experience, even when I know the answer doesn’t make the customer happy...

.

.

thanks

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much