In to 2009 in riverside ca I was put in jail and I chose to…

Customer Question
In to 2009 in...

In to 2009 in riverside ca I was put in jail and I chose to stay thev time to go to court and the judge gave bails right at the court time ad was told to do anger management for 6 month i day a week at $60

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a CA lawyer about this?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Nothing im 69 and looking for a job and got turned down because of this

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It was a fight in my house and i call the police because my daughter boy friend attack me we they talk to my daughter she reversed it and said i came at her and it went south and file restraining on me

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
12/30/2017
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 3 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. What is your question with regard to this 9-year old conviction?

It till there and I cant bass background because of it
I dont have the money now I'm on ssi and dont get paid till the third

That's fine. Calling is a premium feature requiring additional money, but it's strictly optional. We can continue to type for the price you have already paid.

Please wait while I type up a response.

I paid $500.00 in fine and on probation got out of jail right then and there right after court no probation officer on my on got a temp restraining order on me no permanent on how do i get this off my record

A third party background checker in California can only report convictions that occurred within the last 7 years. That's the good news. The bad is that the employer himself can do additional investigating and can look for older cases, which is what apparently happened to you.

In some states, you can get an old conviction expunged or sealed. Unfortunately, California does not have a true expungement. But they DO allow for an old case to be dismissed, which would mean that the conviction would not show on your record anymore, only the arrest and dismissal. That should help you on the employment front.

It doesn't require a lawyer to get your old misdmeanor dismissed under PC 1203.4. If you're comfortable with do-it-yourself law you can make this happen. California provides a very useful self-help site which will teach you how to clean your record. The site will walk you through the whole process from eligibility on through providing you with the necessary forms.

Here is the site to do that:

http://www.courts.ca.gov/1070.htm

When you use the self-help link above and get to the home page, click on "Criminal Law" from the column on the left. Then click on "Cleaning your Criminal Record," scroll down towards the bottom of the page to the links and expand them so that you can see all of the steps.

Follow all of the instructions and that's all you need to do to get your misdemeanor dismissed. If it's confusing for you, you could hire a lawyer to do it. Most private criminal lawyers would know how to get this done for you.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney