Would you be able to provide power of attorney documents for…

Would you be able to...
Would you be able to provide power of attorney documents for my husband to have POA over his 83 year old mother? His sister is doing everything in her power to get everything she can out of her mother and if their mother becomes unable to make her own decisions he would like to have these documents signed before that might happen.If you are able to provide these documents what would the cost be to us? If not could you recommend someone in the Minneapolis area we could consult to get them?
12/30/2017
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Please allow me several minutes to read your facts and type my response both initially and when you add a follow up question or add facts. Please don't ask "are you there", "where is my answer", etc., since when you post it can erase what I am working on. If we are having a conversation unless I tell you I am going offline, I will be here but I may be doing research.

We are not allowed to provide forms or give specific referrals but I can tell you how to find someone to do the work you want done.

If you want to hire an attorney to draft the POA then you can go to www.lawyers.com and in the section for Area of Practice enter "estates" or "Probate". You can also enter your area so that you get a list of attorneys near you. Either of those two areas will do powers of attorney.

If you want forms, then I'd suggest you go to this website. It is the only one I send people to since they have a reputation for providing correct forms that are up to date and relatively inexpensive.

Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Quickly answered and provided everything I needed.

Thank you very much for allowing me to assist you. While the answers I give can't always be "good news", since the law can't always be favorable to everyone, I do strive to be as accurate as possible and to answer any follow up questions to the best of my ability.

You may receive a survey of some kind in the next day or so regarding your experience here at JustAnswer. Please be advised that I am responsible for the content of my answers but not with the issues of website performance or anything other than the answer. I hope that you will consider issuing a Positive Rating regarding my service to you so that I can continue helping others.

If I can ever provide assistance to you in the future please feel free to ask for me by starting your new question with "FOR DWAYNE B ONLY" and I will pick up as soon as I see the question.

Dwayne B.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney