I bought a Kirby vacuum cleaner for $1600 plus tax. I signed…

Customer Question
I bought a Kirby...

I bought a Kirby vacuum cleaner for $1600 plus tax. I signed the contract and paid no attention to the interest rate of 24.46% making my total purchase price $2410.20. Payment is $66.95 per month but didn't realize the payment is for 3 years. I want to return the vacuum and have not used it since the demonstration. According to the contract it was returnable after 3 days after signing. Brought 0n 12/11/17

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Pennsylvania

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I called the finance company and complained about the finance and was told that if I paid cash or within 1 year it would lower the charge. Also the vacuum doesn't have an automatic cord retrieval and I almost broke my neck tripped over it. I did see that when I bought it but did not realize how dangerous it can be for a 78 year old women.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I'm aware of a this moment.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
12/30/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 6 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
You can return it if seller consents and especially if seller misled you about the price and terms of payment.You can contest with your credit card as a chargeback. Other options - You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. Happy Holidays!