Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Received Notice of Entry of Judgement and Judgement in mail…

Customer Question
Received Notice of Entry...

Received Notice of Entry of Judgement and Judgement in mail dated December 29, 2017 from Stephanie Hayden with Rosenberg Law Firm. Court received on Dec 11, 2017 and I believe Judge signed on the 12th. (Hard to decipher, looks like it was stamped for the 11th, but crossed out by the judge into the 12th). How do I prevent wage garnish by giving me more time to save money to repay. We just got out of foreclosure and had been struggling with other debt. Thank you.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Montana

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

This is the first step so far

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just would like to know if I can appeal for more time to avoid wage garnish

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
12/30/2017
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

How do I prevent wage garnish by giving me more time to save money to repay

.

There are no guarantees, but your best bet is to contact the creditor or their lawyer and see if they will agree to set up some type of payment plan with you so as to avoid any further collection costs incurred on their part.

.

But as a practical matter, they have to wait until your appeal rights have ended, which is 30 days from the entry of the judgment. So they can't do anything for another 30 days at least..

.

.

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
From which date does the 30 days begin, Dec11, Dec 12 or Dec 20th? If I want to answer to the court, which MT form do I need?

From the date the judgment was signed off by the judge..

.

Not sure what you mean by "answer to the court"... there isn't anything to answer to..

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Would like to appeal to the court if for no other reason than to buy more time to pay. Need to know if there is a correct form to fill out and submit
Barrister, Attorney