How is a qui tan proceeding initiated. NJ. Personal claim's…

Customer Question
How is a qui...

How is a qui tan proceeding initiated

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

NJ

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Personal claim's in State court

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Any exposure to extortion

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/30/2017
Lawyer: Roger, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Roger, Attorney

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Qui Tam is a type of lawsuit brought by a private citizen (usually called a "whistle blower") against a person or company who is believed to have violated the law in the performance of a contract with the government or in violation of a government regulation, when there is a statute which provides for a penalty for such violations.

The action is brought like any other, with a complaint being filed against the wrongdoer in court.

I am a whistler blower filed under CEPA they also have major violation of federal law

Ok. You would file suit against the wrongdoer. You likely need to find a local lawyer / law firm to help you get the suit filed and also inform the government agency it involves of the situation so the government can get involved.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!