I wanted to know if I sat and ate at a restaurant and

Customer Question
Hi I wanted to...

Hi I wanted to know if I sat and ate at a restaurant and chipped my tooth on something that was very hard could I file a lawsuit?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

California

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

None I’ve tried reaching out for assistance about this question I’ve just asked

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/30/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Was there a foreign object in your food? Did you save whatever you broke your tooth on?

Did you seek dental care?