I was living in an condo in asheville, nc---my mate died, i…

Customer Question
I was living in...

I was living in an condo in asheville, nc---my mate died, i had furnished the entire place and his heirs went up while i left to get his things in order after his suicide, they changed the locks and i cannot get in for papers, or anything else i too have MS

Lawyer's Assistant: I'm sorry if I'm reading you wrong here, but it seems as though you might be considering committing suicide or hurting yourself. Am I right?

I WAS LIVING THERE, ALL THE TINGS ARE MINE AND THEY WILL ONLY LET ME IN ON A CERTAIN DATE MADELINE MAYORT

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I AM IN FLORIDA , OUR LEGAL RESIDENCE AND THE CONDO IS IN NORTH CAROILINA

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO BUT THEY ARE DEMANDING I BE OUT BY MARCH 1ST WITH ALL THE THINGS

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I AM HAVING SURGERY AND I COULD NOT GET UP THERE TO DO ALL THIS BY MARCH 1===I DO NOT HAVE A PLACE TO TAKE ME OR THE THINGS SURGERY I WILL FILL THIS OUT A LITTLE LATER--I MUST GO OUT FOR A DOCTORS LATE APPT

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
12/30/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.
Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

Was the condo in your partner's name? Did he leave a will?