Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

How are you. Maryland. By the employee. Not realy

Customer Question
Hi How are you ...

Hi How are you

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Maryland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes by the employee

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not realy

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/30/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.
What can I answer for you? I see what you've written but I don't see a question listed.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am employer of a a non for profit nurse staffing company. I owe an independant contractor $3795 and she reported the amount owe to the Department of Labor Licensing and regulation and I got a letter from them today. I will like some advice on responding to the letter.

O​kay I see. Do you owe the amount she is claiming you owe?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do

So if you do owe those funds, you'll generally want to propose a payment schedule that you're comfortable with. They may not agree to the schedule but you'll show that you're being proactive in proposing one.

O​bviously we can't *tell* you what to do but given the fact that they will tell you that you DO owe the money and you admit to owing the money showing a willingness to pay is back always helps the employer - and if you can explain WHY you haven't been able to pay to date that helps as well.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can I call the Depratment of Labor and proposed that payment plan

Y​ou'll want to respond to the letter using the instructions they provided, rather than just calling them.

And then when they call you to discuss you can speak to them about your proposal as well.

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney