Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Is there any way i can check to see if was left to me when o…

Customer Question
Is there any way i...
Is there any way i can check to see if was left to me when o was saw sick.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/29/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'm sorry I really don't understand your question.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I trying to ask if there was a trust fund when i was sick

A​re you asking if I know whether someone gave you a trust fund?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No

Please restate your question.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry yes

I don't know if somebody left you a trust fund.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How can i fine out

You would want to ask the person you believe prepared a trust fund for you.

However, in general, if there was a trust fund a trust fund administrator would have contacted you about it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
They are dead
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What it was confidential.

Due to privacy laws, a bank/firm handling the trust is not going to be able to provide any trust information - so you would need to know at least someone involved (the person setting up the trust or the trustee) in order to proceed.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I believe it is my daughter but she won"t let me any thing . Is there any way i can fine out by her name.

I believe it is my daughter <- Y​ou believe what is your daughter?

You wouldn't be able to just search some database. You'd need to know some piece of information and if you believe that your daughter is somehow involved and she won't tell you you'd have to sue her to try to get the information. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
is there any other way to fine out with out suding her

I'm going to open up your question to our other expert. Maybe someone else has some ideas.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't want to sue her just want to know if there is any other wau
Lawyer: Attorney2, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

The only way to find out of is there was ever any account opened in the name of a trust for your benefit. Since there is no database for looking up a trust and a trust can be revoked (unless it was an irrevocable trust) we would need to have a local area Attorney or PI investigate the matter. Where in New York do you reside?

Tina, Lawyer