Elder family law estate aging gracefully, If i feel my

Customer Question
parent is getting regular phone...
Elder family law estate aging gracefully, If i feel my parent is getting regular phone calls from their sibling because the sibling is simply a nosey person wanting to judge and curious on keeping tabs. THey never gave a damn before to help me when i asked, and actually accused me prematurely of how i handled my parents savings during a flood damage by a super storm, and i want them to retract and apologize for false accusations, Do I HAVE ANY RIGHT to demand an apology and REFUSE them speaking to my parent until i get an apology? Would i be so terrible to make such a request even though it is not legal and instead more like family issues. Reason being is their accusations on my managing of monies is uselss because i was trying to survive and i did not know anything about trusts and sheltering assets and instead simply used savings of elder family members to get repairs done and to manage living during a year of not working because of renovations being needed to care for these family members after their house was damaged and they had to relocate. I lost alot of work and had to stop working actually to care for the elders. I feel it is unhealthy to continue caring for my parents with this negative energy being sent over from outside family who has no CLUE of how to take care of elderly people going from independant to dependant... Can i simply cut off communication from my parents sibling unless certain conditions are met? My concern is that the relative sends APS to see how my parent is doing. They always send a letter stating they find nothing wrong. On the contrary, they find exceptional health. In retrospect i have learned that most of the country has population that wants to keep money that has been earned by the family and then let the elders be cared for by medicaid. I did not know this and felt our property would bring in a rental income that can actually benefit other members of our family including cousins bills etc etc and also be funding their retirement and i realize that it cost $3000 a month which is for basic assistance if we do private pay or don't use an agency.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
12/29/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You should have parents sign a Power of Attorney to you.Once that is done you are able to cut off communications.They may report you to APS but so what .There isn't anything wrong assuming your parents no longer want to speak to them.I can understand why you would want to do this.

It appears they are trying to control your parents and their funds.This is not in their best interests in my mind and you may decide to take your chances and cut off communication.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

I only want to cut off communication which i was allowing but finally realized how i have never recieved an apology and instead am beginning to feel like i should be placing a boundery and this would give them a message that i did nothing wrong. I am not worried about APS. Can i also let APS listen to these family memebers voice mails and hostile emails which are without merit? Would it be considered defamation of my relatives character or libel, if i reveal their private emails and voicemails they have left me to a government social services organization like APS or the local senior center or advocate services for the elderly in my area or a third party?

You can share these with APS it is perfectly ok to do so.

I wanted to thank you again and thanks for rating 5 stars at top of page .Your business is much appreciated.

if I give these agencies my critique of these hostile messages, and I criticize certain people who are being nasty, and I say something negative about them which is an additional bit of info, can I be sued by the person I’m critiquing if I end up taking them to court for anything someday? Can they sue me if there’s no proof but I still want to reveal what I heard and what I’ve experienced of them?
A box just popped up asking me if I want to speak with you . Will I get you personally if someone else? I’m just curious how it works.

You can ask any follow up you want here.I don't o phone calls, sorry the site sent that not me.Truth is a defense here against any law suits.As long as you are honest here don't see who they can sue you .Besides APS does their own investigation here.

Ray, Lawyer