I am caretaker for an elderly man who has faithfully paid…

Customer Question
I am caretaker for...

I am caretaker for an elderly man who has faithfully paid about $80/mo to an insurance company since he was relatively young and married. The payout is only $4,000. Over the recent past (few years) I found out that he had been trying to get a copy of his policy but the insurance company wouldn't give it to him...or kept losing his request. Finally I got on the phone and asked whether there was a reason why he hasn't been able to receive a copy of his policy. They said no problem and they would send it out right away. After a week or two I called back and asked again, again was reassured they would send it out. Upon my third call, the woman answering said she would make sure that his policy was sent out express. It finally did arrive, regular mail. I looked it over and the

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I hit a return, but i have some editing to do of what I've written so far.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Do not connect me until I get the information correct.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
12/30/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions.

Tina, Lawyer