A company is saying I need to pay for using a heart monitor…

Customer Question
A company is saying...

A company is saying I need to pay for using a heart monitor when I was in the emergency room. It says the equipment belongs to it and not to nc baptist hospital

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I only of the fraud;emt bo;;/

Lawyer's Assistant: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Nc

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I'd like you to tell my whether is a fraud effort

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
12/29/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Have you contacted the hospital to ask them if they can confirm this arrangement?

It does not sound correct. Even if the equipment were leased to the hospital, the hospital would still include any charges in its bill.

Was this equipment used in the ambulance, as opposed to the hospital?