I want to obtain monies for remodeling a bathroom for my…

Customer Question
I want to obtain...

I want to obtain monies for remodeling a bathroom for my disabled 31 year old son. He was in a car accident and has spine injuries. I need to make the bathroom handicapped compatable and I am retired. Where can I obtain govermant grants?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Pa

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I sent an e-mail to my state representative but have not received a reply

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

In the future I will need additional funds for ramps, walks, etc. Initially a paid for everything out of my pocket

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

OK

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
12/29/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

I will wait on your review

Great thanks just a moment.

So, there aren't necessarily any grants for remodeling the home; however, the federal government offers financing for you to be able to make the repairs or to modernize the home for a disabled person through a section 203(k) loan. Usually, the terms of the loan are relatively good and are typically guaranteed by the government, meaning that your chances of approval are high. The FHA also has a title 1 home improvement loan program if you need additional money as well.