The Greenfield police broke my ribs in the waiting room of…

Customer Question
The Greenfield police broke...

The Greenfield police broke my ribs in the waiting room of the ER at baystate greenfield. The hospital security is refusing to give me a copy of the video tape. Also the xray techs could not see the fractures for 3 weeks and they kept sending me home with no care even though I could barely walk or breathe

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Massachusetts

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I talked to the FBI and met with 2 agents in Springfield. I have the pictures of all 3 times I went for xrays.. it was the 3rd time when they saw the fractures. FBI told me they were turning it over to a civil rights agent but I haven't heard back from them yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes... the officer started assaulting me in the parking lot without any provocation from me at all while I was walking into the ER with another officer

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/29/2017
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

If the FBI is investigating, they would be able to get the hospital videos. To get them personally, you are going to have to subpoena the video from the hospital.

A subpoena is a court order. That means you would need to be before a judge to get him to sign it, which also means you must be involved in litigation. Alert the FBI to the fact that there would be a video. They can obtain it and may be willing to show it to you. Otherwise, you'd need to bring suit against the officers/Greenfield County. Once you appear before a judge you can get him to sign the subpoena for the video.