On December 26 around 9:05pm I was watching a reality show…

Customer Question
On December 26 around...

On December 26 around 9:05pm I was watching a reality show on Bravo TV when one of the main characters said "I wanna look like Russian prostitute tonight". As a Russian/American citizen I found it extremely offensive. That comment was ignorant and sent a wrong message to the viewers. My American husband found it extremely inappropriate as well. I want the TV channel take the responsibility for broadcasting that comment. There are lots of Russian women live in USA who work hard and pay taxes including myself. Comments like that shouldn't be allowed. This incident left a huge impact on me and I would like to pursue with a case.
PS I recorded that episode. The Bravo TV keeps repeating showing that show without even realizing how offensive it sounds.
Please advise.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

New York

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet. I need guidance.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
12/29/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Hi, take your time.

You should file a complaint here with FTC.Encourage others to do so as well.

Filing a Consumer Complaint With the FTC

The FTC encourages consumers to file a complaint whenever they have been the victim of fraud, identity theft, or other unfair or deceptive business practices. They can do it online, or by calling the FTC’s Consumer Response Center at 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-***-***-****). Although filing a complaint will not guarantee that their problem will be fixed, it can help the FTC and other agencies investigate and take enforcement actions whenever it is warranted. The FTC compiles complaint data that it receives, along with data from other agencies, into a database called Consumer Sentinel Network that is available to more than 1,800 law enforcement organizations in the United States, Canada, and Australia. They can be fined here by FTC and other actions.

I am so sorry that they did this.

I appreciate the chance to help you.Thanks and thanks for rating 5 stars/

you don't recommend hiring a lawyer?

Yes you can do that as well and claim damages for what was said.

Lawyer Referral and Information Service
1(###) ###-####br />www.Findalawyernys.org

Need an attorney in NYC? Call(###) ###-####

Thanks again for letting me chat with you.Wish you the best here and thanks for rating 5 stars at top of page.

Do I have a case? This is my main question.

Yes you would have good facts to file civil suit /case here and seek damages including legal fees.

Thanks again and the best here.I appreciate the chance to followup.Thanks for rating.