Have a question. My Aunt just died and has no kids but her…

Customer Question
Hi. Have a question...

Hi. Have a question. My Aunt just died and has no kids but her husband my uncle is in an institute and lost his memory. What is the process to enter the house as a relative to find out where the will might be?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

New York

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

My cousin spoke to a detective and found her body a couple of days ago.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
12/29/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

ok

Someone here will need to make application for probate.Person appointed Personal Representative would then have right to enter and look of r a will.You have intestate( no will) probate until will is found in that case it changes to testate probate.Procedure is more or less the same here, if there is a will less court supervision.

You will need NY lawyer to make application for probate and then to have access and gather assets.Once legal and other fees, court names legal heirs to receive whats left.

Lawyer Referral and Information Service
1(###) ###-####br />www.Findalawyernys.org

Need an attorney in NYC? Call(###) ###-####/p>

I am so sorry for your loss.I appreciate the chance to help you .

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

thanks

You are so welcome thanks for rating 5 stars at top of page.Prayers to you here.