Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

In Florida can I get a restraining order against a neighbor…

Customer Question
In Florida can I...

In Florida can I get a restraining order against a neighbor who assaulted me and threatened both me and my wife

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Incident reported, police responded, no assault marks on me, at the time only witness was my wife. Police did not think there was probable cause. After police left we spoke to a neighbor who saw him walk away but did not see the incident itself

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The individual saw me taking down a notice that was placed on a bulletin board , accused me of damaging the board (it was not damaged) and demanded I give what I took from the board. I refused, he asked if I wanted to get hurt, then grabbed and twisted my arm and took the notice from me and walked away

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/29/2017
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Did you file a formal criminal complaint against the neighbor?

.

Do you have a copy of your complaint?

.

.

thanks

Tina, Lawyer