I was sued and the court found that I was in default of

Customer Question
I was sued and...

I was sued and the court found that I was in default of owing back interest on a promissory note. She said the only past of the note that was clear was the interest of 4.25%. However the interest was supposed to be tied to the changing federal funds rate and in the note I said it was currently 4.25%.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California San Diego County

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

A finding, then a proposed judgement after trial and now a notice of pendency of action - cause to action of quiet title.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I need to know how to stop the action and motion to change the finding on the back interest, the note called for the interest to be pegged to the changing federal funds rate and the judge picked up on the 4.25% at teh time of the writing of the note but the interest rate was supposed to change-not stay stagnant

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
12/29/2017
Lawyer: DamienJD, Attorney replied 6 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney.

Did you file a Motion for Reconsideration? You would have had 10 days after the Notice of Entry to do it. It could be too late now.

The finding of the judge was quite a while ago so you haven't provided any useful answer.
I would like a refund.