A telephone system was installed by my company; about

Customer Question
A telephone system was...

A telephone system was installed by my company; about $8,000.00. No payment was received. After months, the company hired another firm to upgrade the system. Nothing was ever paid to my company. Is this conversion under NJ Law?.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Property question in NJ.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Local police were notified.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
12/28/2017
Lawyer: Damien Bosco, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. I am reviewing your question.

Nothing else.

It would be a breach of contract. You provided a service and equipment, and did not receive payment for it. I am surprised there was not a security interest in the hardware by filing a UCC statement. In any event, it would be a breach of contract. Conversion is when someone takes property away from the proper owner for their own use.

If you need further assistance, just let me know.

No chance to file the UCC because we were rushed to replace a failing telephone system. Our property is now used by this party for his own use.
Comments?

Thank you for the additional information. You can also include the conversion cause of action in the complaint - meaning you can claim a breach of contract cause of action; and conversion as another cause of action. Also, there are other claims like unjust enrichment.

If you need anything further, just let me know.

Hello again:

I am just checking in to see how things are going. Have I answered all your questions? Has this been helpful to you?

Hello again:

Checking in to see if you need further help. Your satisfaction is my goal. If you need further help, just let me know. I want to make sure you are satisfied with the service I provided to you.

If you are satisfied with my services, please provide a positive rating between 3 and 5 stars on this question at no extra charge to you. That's how I get credit for the services I provided to you. Again, you can always ask a follow-up question if you need to do so.

Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney