My brother bought an annuity that he did not intend to

Customer Question
My brother bought an...

My brother bought an annuity that he did not intend to buy,he thought he was putting his money into something that would pay him something more than what he was getting for his money. Instead they sold him an annuity that he can not touch for seven years. He is 85 years old and needs this money to help his daughter . Any suggestions ?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

He is visiting his sister in Texas now the money is in Michigan.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

He tells me he contacted the consumer protection agency and they keep giving him the run around.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He is 85 years old and did not know what he was signing.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
12/28/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Usually annuities are resellable.He may get less than full value but at least he would get most of his money back.

Here is a couple that buy these

Peachtree wants to help you achieve your goals. Call Peachtree at(###) ###-####to get started on selling all or some of your annuity payments for the cash you need.

Fairfield Funding is another one

(###) ###-####/p>

Call Now For a Free Quote

I appreciate the chance to help you and wish him the best.

Thanks for rating 5 stars at top of page and Happy New Year too.