If I received an assets and forfeiture letter for funds

Customer Question
If I received an...

If I received an assets and forfeiture letter for funds seized from an out of state P.o. box that were addressed to my P.o. box and I ignore the letter what will happen?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

In CA but the funds were seized in OH

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No just relieved certified letter about seizure and

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No just want to know in ignoring the letter .. will anything occur going forward?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/28/2017
Lawyer: DamienJD, Attorney replied 6 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney.

Are saying that someone gave you notice that they are seizing your funds? Or someone else's funds?

Someone was apparently sending funds to my P.O. box in CA from OH
I received a certified letter saying funds were seized from a post office in OHThey were addressed to my P.O. Box in CAI received one letter by mail and a duplicate via certified letter.I did not claim the funds. I didn’t respond to the letter at all. The letter asked for a response by 12/11.Will I receive any more letters or is the matter now considered closed because I did not file a claim by the deadline?

Did you sign for the receipt of the certified letter? Did the letter say that the funds where your funds to claim?