Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I signed contract for my elderly uncle nursing home. am I…

Customer Question
I signed contract for...

I signed contract for my elderly uncle nursing home. am I liable for the nursing home fees?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Virginia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No just awaiting payment. I have no Power of Attorney just signed the contract.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not now best soon

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/28/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Loren, Attorney
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you.
Did you sign as his agent?
Was there any provision in the agreement to indicate you were guarantying payment or otherwise assuming liability?
Why did your uncle not sign himself?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Dementria
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Could be I have to read the contract
You need to check then to confirm you were not assuming liability, and only signing as his agent.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have to read the contract
Ok

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!

Loren, Attorney