My friend is entering one year drug rehab. He is in the

Customer Question
Hi! My friend...

Hi! My friend is entering one year drug rehab. He is in the process of divorce, not yet finalized. Wife is demanding custody of 2 pets, which were under his care when she left. Can sha do this? The pets were never neglected or harmed.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

PA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Pre divorce preliminary papers, in which he was granted custody. The initial 3 month waiting papers have not been signed yet.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, I don’t think so. Lawyer hasn’t been fully paid yet.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/28/2017
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Hello; does the rehab program allow pets? If not does he have a proposal as to who will care for them in lieu of the wife?