My financial adviser says that my wife has a Power of

Customer Question
My financial adviser says...

My financial adviser says that my wife has a Power of Attorney filed on me and he will not tell me the value of my 401K investment. I had thought a POA had to be approved and could be removed by the party the POA was for. I have made no such agreement so need to find out what type of POA this guy is talking about.

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And just to clarify, what paperwork has been filed?

Oklahoma and I have no idea what type of paperwork was filed.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have not personally filed anything and as far as reporting only his refusal to tell me the value of my investment is the only report I know of.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nothing othere than a family trust was put together many years ago and in it is a power of attorney but that lawyer says no one has used it.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
12/28/2017
Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

This does not sound correct in any way.

A POA is an authorization by the principle (you) to allow somene to act as your agent. The agent works on your behalf. The principle may terminate the POA at any time. Also the principle always has the right to work directly on their own behalf, regardless if there is a POA.

This financial adviser is seriously wrong and it makes me suspicious about what he is doing with your money.

You want to contact a local attorney immediately to find out what is happening and take appropriate action if necessary.

You can use this link to help you find a local consumer protection attorney:

http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/practicestate/consumer-protection/oklahoma

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald