Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I need an Arkansas Nurse attorney to appeal a ARBN

Customer Question
I need an Arkansas...

I need an Arkansas Nurse attorney to appeal a ARBN judgement

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I'm a TN licensed RN who was working in AR though the Nurse State Compact Law.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes, on DEC 4

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
12/28/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 month ago

Thank you for your question.

I am afraid that state law forbids any expert on this site from actually representing you or any other customer on the site. If you need local counsel, please use the same sites used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org or http://www.lexmundi.com

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok.
I broke protocol on a pre-employment urine drug rescreening that I agreed to.My first urine drug screen was negative, but temp out of range.Because I broke protocol at Arkansas Children’s Hospital they refused to retest me.A break in protocol per ACH policy is consider a refusal, a refusal is considered a positive, and reported to the Arkansas State Board.Arkansas Board of Nursing revoked my priveledge to practice Nursing in AR on my TN license.I still have my TN RN license but I am now unemployable in Nursing because of AR ruling.What are my options to fix this

Thank you for your reply.

You will also have to report any action taken against you by the AR board to the TN board, since if you read the TN rules it states if any other board disciplines you, then it needs to be reported to them as well. So, you could ultimately lose your TN license too.

If you improperly tested, the only way to try to fight this is through a hair follicle test, since the hair follicle test would go back to the time when you broke protocol. Unfortunately, without a hair sample to argue that you were negative even despite protocol break, it is going to be difficult. You could also seek to make a voluntary consent agreement with the AR Board for substance abuse counseling and supervision, but I am afraid once that is done each employer you apply with will find that on your record and while they CAN employ you, most will not touch you.

So this is a pretty difficult situation and the best thing to try with a local AR attorney is to push for a follicle test to prove that you were indeed negative and at least remove the substance abuse suspicion from your records.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney