Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

In checking credit report, just found out I owed $75.00 and…

In checking credit report...

In checking credit report, just found out I owed $75.00 and 13,692.80 interest has accrued since 1997..Help

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

FL....child support

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No...just got info from court clerk

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I paid my last child support 3 years ago. This is a lien judgement against my name

12/28/2017
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions.

Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Am I required to pay these exhorbitant interest charges over a $75.00 lien to clear up my name?
Phone call session started

Hi, I see you requested a phone call. That’s excellent! I have just one customer in front of you, but I will call you in approximately 30 minutes.

https://www.flcourts.org/core/fileparse.php/533/urlt/922c.pdf

Legal Eagle, Lawyer