I was in an accident while working my insurance company

Customer Question
I was in an...

I was in an accident while working my insurance company won't cover it because I was working for Uber won't cover it because they said I wasn't working I'm 70yrs old on a fixed income

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Maine

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I filed a claim

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
12/28/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Don't understand how this works

I am sorry to hear of your difficult. Dealing with insurance companies can be very frustrating, but I have information which you will find helpful.

Check your policy. All insurance policies are required to contain an appeal process for a denial of claim.

It will have notice requirements and, possibly, required arbitration.

Follow the process tot he letter, as missing a deadline or notice could prejudice your right to appeal.

Work through the policy appeal process. If it is not successful then yo will have to sue them. If you prevail in a bad faith claim you can be awarded attorney fees and punitive damages.

Are you still online with me?

Why did they take$49outof my account

Please be aware that I, and the other Experts on the site, are site users like you (I am not an employee of JA), and I do not (and can not) see any account info or address payment issues, but Customer Service will be happy to assist you.

If you are having trouble, you can reach Customer Service assistance at this link:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

where you can chat, call, or send a support request. You can also email directly to *****@******.***

Thanks.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?

Are you still online with me?