Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Where can I find a opposition to a motion to compel form for…

Customer Question
Where can I find...

Where can I find a opposition to a motion to compel form for Adams county, co?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Colorado Adams County,

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Received in the mail on Friday 12/21/17 a motion to compel from a settlement agreement I signed to settle a lawsuit to sell my home which my sister was not on the deed or title and now claiming I am not maximizing the sale of the home.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The settlement agreement was final on 5-15-17 and approved in the District court by Judge Edward Charles Moss. This agreement clearly states further the parties agree that neither will file any action, claim or suit in any forum or agency for any claim known or unknown up to and including the date of this Agreement regarding any subject of the Agreement, including disputes over real and personal property located at the home in Broomfield, CO. Therefore my sister filed a Motion to Compel which I must answer by Friday 12/29/17 opposing that I did hire a realtor and maximizing the sale of the house but it was not listed until mid May 2017 and no one has made an offer on it and she took it off the market on 10/15/17 which the agreement allowed to do so until 2/15/18. She wants to me to use another realtor, pay half of the $3,000 to landscape the back yard and pay her $800 for a washer and dryer which has nothing to do with the agreement. She has emailed me since October 2017 and my daughter as well to make me go along with her and she had her original lawyer attempted to serve me at work but mailed the motion to compel to my apartment address. The agree ment was very clear that I would list the home at the market value but location and price are a problem and I am still having to pay half of the PITIA on the home and had to give her $15,000 in furnishs

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

As part of the agreement and when all said and done she cost me over $15,000 in lawyer fees/mediation, $10,000 in PITIA since we cannot live together and took $15,000 for furnishing the home as well and still wants more. Therefore I was looking for a form to fill out tonight and take over to the district court in Broomfield, CO to oppose her motion.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
12/28/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 month ago

This is not something you will find a premade form for.

I suggest you draft a Response and Opposition to Motion to Compel here as follows.

Case number,court, names

Response and Opposition to Motion to Compel

Now comes, your name Defendant int he above numbered case and would set out the following :

I

Defendant would show that paragraph I is factually incorrect because.....

II

Defendant would show that paragraph II is incorrect in that ...

And so forth

Wherefore premises considered Defendant prays that the motion be denied and for such other and further relief to which they maybe entitled..

Respectfully submitted.

_________________

Your name

Certificate of Service

On this the 28th day of December a true and correct copy of this Response was filed and a copy sent to Plaintiff or Plaintiffs Counsel at*****.Anywhere

____________________

Your name

Something like this to set to your response here

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Ray, Lawyer