I purchased a whole house water filter system they put a UCC…

Customer Question
I purchased a whole...

I purchased a whole house water filter system they put a UCC lien as well as a revolving credit loan are they allowed to do both of those together and also it says on the title that it is in no way tied to my real property but they would not allow me to get a Cash out refinance on my home for home improvements

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

SC

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

The revolving credit goes on my credit score as a credit card type loan which looks like I have maxed out credit cards

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/27/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 7 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

did you agree to that when you purchased in the contract? is there a debt owing?

They revolving credit was on the contract that I signed but I did not see anything on the UCC lien and yes there is a debt but they have it as a revolving credit
Apologies for the delay. The site was having technical issues.
There is no legal basis for a UCC and it would be unnecessary here and improper where you didn’t contractually agree to it even if there is a balance owing. You can ask it be removed if they cannot show you consented to the placement in writing.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”