Im the owner of a forclosure and a there is a renter in it…

Customer Question
Im the owner of...

Im the owner of a forclosure and a there is a renter in it with no lease i gave him 30 days to leave he didnt pay me for the month he was there. Do I get the monies for that month

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

New york

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I just send a register letter to leave and a he was served to leave

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/27/2017
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 7 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. Yes, if you bought the property and the tenant wanted to remain for the month, they would need to pay the rent. If they have failed to do so and are holding over and failing to move, you would need to proceed and evict them.