Need help on a civil harassment restraining order I was

Customer Question
Need help on a...

Need help on a civil harassment restraining order I was served from my next door neighbor I’m moving from there I have to be in court Jan 5 in Venture I can’t because I have to go to Texas Houston for some treatments the guy has a big hard on because i smoke marijuana I need someone attorney to go do you not an attorney in Venture or Oxnard California

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

He filed ch116

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I have a case number ***** file at Venture*****, Ventura courthouse James Gypp me Linda Elliott I’m a 61 retired who got very ill and I have A license medical license and he had me a Vic did from my place and he’s followed me video to me and now he’s putting a restraining order on me I’m too sick to go to court

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
12/27/2017
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 3 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. JustAnswer is not a law firm and so lawyers here cannot provide actual representation of customers. Nobody here can be retained to go to court for you. It would be a violation of site rules and the rules of our respective bar associations. Similarly, we are unable to refer you to a specific lawyer or law firm.

If you wish, however, I can direct you to the same sources that lawyers themselves use when they need to confer with counsel in another state or legal specialty and don't know of anyone.

Let me know if you'd be interested in that information.

please send me any information

Certainly. You would be searching for a civil lawyer. One in general practice would have experience with civil restraining orders.

A good starting point would be the California Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service. They promise you a lawyer in good standing with his licensing authority. They would charge you a fee of about $50 for the referral, but that includes a free initial half-hour consultation with the attorney.

http://apps.americanbar.org/legalservices/lris/directory/main.cfm?id=CA

There are also private lawyer referral services. Two that are well-regarded are www.Martindale.com and www.Avvo.com. Many of their lawyers are peer and client-rated, which can help you narrow down your choices.

I strive for 5-star service. If I have addressed all of your concerns, please take the time to rate my service to you by selecting 5 stars on the rating scale, as a rating of okay or better is the only way that JustAnswer will give us Experts credit for our work. You would still be able to post further follow-ups on this question thread about this for no additional cost, even after I've been rated.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney