I was wondering did I have a lawsuit base on the fact a cop…

Customer Question
I was wondering did...

I was wondering did I have a lawsuit base on the fact a cop left out vital information in his report which cause me to get indicted instead of the right person ive suffered mental anguish and stressful times because of this for 2 and half years I may loose my license because of this and more ?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is he in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Alabama

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has he taken so far?

None

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No but do I have grounds to file suit

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
12/27/2017
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 5 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Has the case since been resolved favorably as to you?

Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 4 months ago

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

No we go to court in 3 weeks

You don't have a lawsuit at this time. Not much evidence is needed to secure an indictment and typically a prosecutor will only question his grand jury witnesses minimally -- just enough to make out the bare bones elements of the crime charged.

It's at trial where all the evidence the officer has will come out, if not on direct examination then on cross. If you win the case, THEN you can sue for malicious prosecution/false arrest, but while there are still charges against you, the suit isn't ripe.

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney