Connect one-on-one with a verified lawyer who will answer your question

Ely, Counselor at Law

More related answers
All lawyers are VERIFIED
QUESTION FOR OUR DAUGHTER WHO RESIDES IN HOUSE ,TN. THE
Phillips Esq., Attorney
QUESTION FOR OUR DAUGHTER WHO RESIDES IN WHITE HOUSE ,TN. THE JUDGE TOLD THE X TO HAVE HIS NAME REMOVED FROM THE DEED ON THE HOME. THE HOME WAS AWARDED TO OUR DAUGHTER IN SEPT 2016. THE X REFUSES TO G… read more
I have a question about a post-divorce dispute with my
LegalGems
LegalGems, Juris Doctorate
I have a question about a post-divorce dispute with my former wife, and what my best course of action would be at this time. Although I currently live in Maine, the divorce was finalized in Nebraska. … read more
I would like to know whether I can sue my ex husband for
Andrew
Andrew, Attorney
I would like to know whether I can sue my ex husband for back rent in Arizona. … read more
I would like to make modifications to my divorce decree with
Legal Eagle, Attorney
I would like to make modifications to my divorce decree with debts … read more
My husband filed for a divorce in June, 2015. We both had
LegalGems
LegalGems, Juris Doctorate
My husband filed for a divorce in June, 2015. We both had lawyers and eventually they either quit or wanted more money after the first $15,000. My soon to be X got a mediator in September, 2016. We me… read more
I was given my house in my divorce but a quick claimdeed was
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Juris Doctor
I was given my house in my divorce but a quick claimdeed was never signed and I have not been able to refinance yet. If I was to pass before my ex is he legally entitled to the house eventho it was aw… read more
I divorced in 2016 by completing my own divorce paperwork.
LegalKnowledge, Juris Doctor
Hi Pearl, I divorced in 2016 by completing my own divorce paperwork. Divorce judgement has been finalized (signed by judge.) However, my ex-husband claims he cannot pay me for my portion of equity in … read more
Hopefully! Arizona, My wife and I are getting divorced. We
Ely, Counselor at Law
My wife and I are getting divorced. We have both agreed on the terms and have filed DIY. I am at the last form that needs to be filled out and have a spev\cific question regarding how to answer it … read more
Family Law: if the 1st falls on a Saturday, like this month,
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Attorney at Law
Family Law: if the 1st falls on a Saturday, like this month, is the 1st weekend of the month - Sept 30th thru Oct 2nd or Oct 7th thru Oct 9th? … read more
My question is, "Do I have to sign an authorization to
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Juris Doctor (JD)
My question is, "Do I have to sign an authorization to unfreeze my ex husband's retirement account? Can I be held in contempt of court if I refuse to sign this form?" It is not directly part of any co… read more
I live in Kentucky. My husband moved out of my home in April
Ely, Counselor at Law
I live in Kentucky. My husband moved out of my home in April of 2014. In May of 2015 I began asking for a divorce. He had left 3 fishing poles, a projection screen, and a few other items in my garage.… read more
Hello, On August 6th, 2012, I was divorced in the state of
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Juris Doctor
Hello, On August 6th, 2012, I was divorced in the state of Oklahoma. Oklahoma has a mandatory 6-month waiting period post-divorce, inside of which I cannot get remarried. I have no plans of remarrying… read more
I was divorced from my ex-wife December 1989 in Arizona, there
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
I was divorced from my ex-wife December 1989 in Arizona, there were no children from the marriage, nor home to sell. I have worked for the federal government for 34+ years. At the time I was divorced … read more
i am recently divorced. my ex wife brought a house before
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
i am recently divorced. my ex wife brought a house before the divorce was final. she closed on house sept. 2008 the divorce was signed by a judge in Oct. 2008. i reguested support she said she could a… read more
I JUST RECEIVED AN ANSWER REGARDING RECEIVING 50 % OF MY X-HUSBANDS
Law Pro, Doctoral Degree
I JUST RECEIVED AN ANSWER REGARDING RECEIVING 50 % OF MY X-HUSBANDS PENSION. I ALREADY HAVE A CERTIFIED COPY OF THE DIVORCE DECREE, MARRIAGE LICENSE ETC... FROM THE LAST 90 DAYS.I WAS MARRIED 20 YEAR … read more
How do I know if my divorce is in fact finalized I went to
Law Pro, Doctoral Degree
How do I know if my divorce is in fact finalized? I went to court and the judge told me to have a happy life, but I do not have any legal documents saying that I am in fact divorced.… read more
I was divorced 2 years ago. I live in Chandler Az. In the ...
dkennedy
dkennedy, Attorney
I was divorced 2 years ago. I live in Chandler Az. In the decree my ex was to have his SUV refinance removing my name. He had me co sign the loan. My question is he will not refinance and now is behin… read more
Dear Ms. i have been seperated for or since sept 2005, (17 ...
Michelle
Michelle, Doctoral Degree
Dear Ms. i have been seperated for or since sept 2005, (17 months) i live in pa fayette county my wife filed for the divorce,but because i can't afford to pay the attorney fees at this point everythin… read more