Can I sue a company under labor law for LOCKING me in STORE…

Customer Question
Can I sue a...

Can I sue a company under KY labor law for LOCKING me in STORE @ 2:30 a.m. with NO INSTRUCTIONS for how to get out??

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Kentucky

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

It will be soon

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It's pro bono until I get disability. I'm bi-polar and my family is insisting. I'll be in hospital soon tho

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/27/2017
Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your legal question today and I'm sorry to hear that your liberty was illegally restricted. There are both criminal and civil penalties for unlawful interference with your personal liberty and restriction of the same.

For example the following statute states:

"509.020 Unlawful imprisonment in the first degree. (1) A person is guilty of unlawful imprisonment in the first degree when he knowingly and unlawfully restrains another person under circumstances which expose that person to a risk of serious physical injury. (2) Unlawful imprisonment in the first degree is a Class D felony. "

In addition the civil liability statute is the following:

"434.715 Criminal or civil liability prohibited for false arrest or false imprisonment where prima facie evidence of fraud exists and proper notice is given. In the event of the existence of prima facie evidence of fraudulent intent as defined in KRS 434.695 and proper notice given as required, any person, firm or corporation causing the arrest of a person so using a credit or debit card shall not be criminally or civilly liable for false arrest or false imprisonment. "

In relation to the criminal action you need to file a local police report.

In relation to the civil action you can file in the general trial court for damages.

We are here to help

Please follow up with me as required.

In return remember to rate positively today.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better before your exit.

FIVE STARS is much appreciated.

Happy Holidays

Attorney Bill

Dear Customer ,

I would like to follow up on your question, do you require any additional information ?

Just a reminder when finished that I do rely on you leaving a rating for me to get a credit for my time and assistance to you; this gives me a credit when you take thee time to leave a positive rating.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

FIVE STARS is much appreciated.

Happy Holidays

Attorney Bill