Do you know if we get named as a participant in a Chips

Customer Question
Do you know if...

Do you know if we get named as a participant in a Chips case. Will the court appoint a lawyer or are we better off finding one now? We have not been successful in finding a lawyer near us that can help

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

Minnesota

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

There has been a report to child protective services and they have recommended placedment of a child but no notificastion of a court date yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes the children were originally adopted from white earth Indian tribe so ICW is now involved

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/27/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 7 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
The court will not necessarily or likely appoint counsel. You should have your own. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. Happy Holidays!