My sister passed away in June 2017. I was told my brother…

Customer Question
My sister passed away...

My sister passed away in June 2017. I was told my brother inherited everything from her. How can I verify this information?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Iowa.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have no idea I have been kept in the dark. I just want to verify this information is correct.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No other than how I can verify this information

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
12/27/2017
Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your legal question today and sorry to hear of your loss.

I'm attorney Bill assisting you with your estate law question today.

Certain assets pass according to a will/ estate administration through probate, whereas other assets such as IRA's joint-accounts and insurance policies with a designated beneficiary don't go through probate.

If your sister left a will or failed to bequeath property there will be a file opened up in her local probate court;you can contact the probate court in the county where she resided before her passing for a copy of the will.

If you are a beneficiary to a will or any other bequest there is a duty imposed by the executor/ administrator/ trustee of any trust to inform you of your inheritance. This communication is mandated in law, so you should be contacted if you have received a bequest in the near future.

We are here to help, so please follow up with me as required.

I'm an independent legal expert and rely on your positive feedback today to get a credit for my time.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

FIVE STARS is much appreciated.

Happy Holidays

Attorney Bill

She did have a Will so I will contact the Probate Court in our county. Thank you so much.

Yes, you are entitled to inspect the will and get a copy at the clerk's office.

You can read it your self and if anything shows up , have it reviewed by a lawyer.

Your welcome.

FIVE STARS is much appreciated.

Happy Holidays

Attorney Bill

Dear Customer ,

I would like to follow up on your question, do you require any additional information ?

Just a reminder when finished that I do rely on you leaving a rating for me to get a credit for my time and assistance to you; this gives me a credit when you take thee time to leave a positive rating.

FIVE STARS is much appreciated.

Happy Holidays

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer