I am trying to file a tort claim against Goodwill is the…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to file a tort claim against Goodwill is the forms the same as the tort forms for filing say against the State?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

North Carolina

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes I have filed pro se but just affidavits not yet to the courts

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/27/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Hello. I am a licensed attorney to help today. The answer to your question is no, you are not going to file the same forms against Goodwill. Goodwill is a non-profit organization, but it is not a government entity. This means that you would not follow the same procedures as you would if you were filing a lawsuit against the state Now, if you filed a lawsuit in court, then the court may require for any lawsuit, so in that respect that would be the same otherwise, because Goodwill is a private entity, the forms will other questions did you have for me about this?