Miss, is there a statute of limitation on gun charges and…

Hi Miss Wilson...

Hi Miss Wilson , is there a statute of limitation on gun charges and attemped murder in New York . charges from 1992.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Brooklyn

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

NO .

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes. My friend lives in Barbados but the American Embassy would not give him a visa to come back for the case. he was charge with two other persons.

12/26/2017
Andrew
Andrew, Lawyer

Hello I am a licensed practicing attorney with 20 years’ experience hopefully I can help with your problem. Please give me a moment to review and respond to your question.

For felonies other than murder and sexual offenses the statue of limitations is 5 years from the date the offense was committed.

2. Except as otherwise provided in subdivision three:

(a) A prosecution for a class A felony, or rape in the first degree as defined in section 130.35 of the penal law , or a crime defined or formerly defined in section 130.50 of the penal law , or aggravated sexual abuse in the first degree as defined in section 130.70 of the penal law , or course of sexual conduct against a child in the first degree as defined in section 130.75 of the penal law may be commenced at any time;

(b) A prosecution for any other felony must be commenced within five years after the commission thereof;

I believe this answers your question! Please accept and rate my answer. 5 stars is appreciated. Thanks!

Andrew
Andrew, Lawyer