I have received an email stating that an elderly women wants…

Customer Question
I have received an...

I have received an email stating that an elderly women wants to donate 3,00000 US to me she supposedly won in a power ball lottery. Can I forward the email to you ?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I am in Nova Scotia, Canada this email has come from:

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

WALLACE JONES,
SENIOR FINANCE MANAGER
24 Hours Customer Service Personnel
Wells Fargo Bank USA.
PHONE: +1(###) ###-####
© 2017 Wells Fargo Bank USA. All Rights Reserved.
View our Privacy Policy and Conditions of Use of this website.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I sent you the address from whence this has come

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/26/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

I am certain this is a scam. What do you have to do to collect the money?

Do you have to provide personal information or an upfront fee?

All right have been giving to you to be the sole beneficiary of the total sum of $3,000.000.00 USD donated to you by Mrs Mavis Wanczyk and Family.You are to choose the type of online account you know you can afford, and once your online account is set up, your account information will be forward to you in which you will use in accessing your online bank account and then make the transfer of your money total sum of $3,000.000.00 USD to any bank account in the world right there in your room without going to the bank.
All you have to do now is to choose the type of online account you know you can afford from the account option below.
1. OFFSHORE PERSONAL ACCOUNT : STUDENT TYPE ACCOUNT This type of account requires an initial deposit of $950 USD and has the facilities and privileges adequate to handle a maximum transfer of $500,000.00 USD within one month2. OFFSHORE CORPORATE ACCOUNT: This type of account requires an initial deposit of $1,450. USD and has the facilities and privileges adequate to handle a maximum transfer of $1,000,000.00 USD within one month.3. OFFSHORE PLATINIUM ACCOUNT: This type of account requires an initial deposit $2,700 USD and has the facilities and privileges adequate to handle a maximum transfer of $10,000,000.00 USD and above within one month.
Please note that you can decide to close your account. Advise us on when payment can be made in order for us to inform you of payment mode, and send you our offshore account opening forms that you will have to fill and return to us. We look forward for your prompt response. Should you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.NOTE: That the mandatory minimum deposit Belongs to you as this will be in your account before crediting any funds you wish to transfer, this is to enable our KTT data base and recognized your account for onward transfer as you may wish to transfer swiftly to your nominated local account round the globe without delay.
If you are interested to open any of the 3(three) listed account and you are Satisfied and liable in Opening this account with us you can Fill out the Below form.Manual Account Opening Form (please fill and send back to us)
Title:
First Name:
Last Name:
Date of Birth:
Correspondent Address:
City/State:
Country:
Occupation:
Annual Income:
Own House: Own Apartment: Rented House: With Parent:
Nationality:
Sex:
Driver's License Number:
Next Of Kin:
E-mail:
Tel:
Office Tel:
Account type:
Initial Deposit of Account:
Date of payment:
don't need a phone call

Thank you for the additional information.

This is a "phishing scam" to get you to provide personal information to steal your identity to open accounts in your name.

Do not respond. The sender is a criminal who is trying to steal from you.

If this were a legitimate prize then they could just send you a check with only a name and address.

You can report this to Canadian Anti-fraud Centre (CAFC) by calling 1-***-***-****.

DO NOT GIVE THE INFORMATION THEY ARE REQUESTING.

I am sorry. I wish I could tell you otherwise, but I do not want you victimized by these criminals.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered professionally and accurately, even if not the answer you were hoping to get, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question? Please let me know.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!