If a lease extension has the wrong dates for the term of the…

Customer Question
If a lease extension...

If a lease extension has the wrong dates for the term of the lease would it still be valid

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We are just trying to rent another house and trying get give a move out date what having to pay the rest of the rent

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/26/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. The answer to your question is yes, generally. If there is a mistake to a common assumption in the agreement, then that can be reformed. If the dates are off in your agreement, then the lease is still valid as the law generally allows the parties to reform that part of the agreement to the terms that they had originally intended. So, for example, if the move out date is supposed to be 1/1/2018, but it says 1/1/2019, the agreement can be reformed if the parties intended for the move out to be 1/1/2018. What other questions did you have for me regarding this?