I have just been hit with a summary judgment and want to fie…

Customer Question
I have just been...

I have just been hit with a summary judgment and want to fie they would now like me to file an affidavit and also the judge that is on my case I have been successful in having him found with conduct not becoming of a judge on a earlier case and I want him to be recused from my case

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

New jersey

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have filed the complaint with the judicial advisory committee in that earlier case

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That would be it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
12/26/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.

With respect to the recusal, you'll want to file a motion with the judge. As you probably know, it doesn't have a high probability of success, since judges don't love to remove themselves from cases.

With respect to the summary judgment, you could decide to appeal the decision.

And with respect to the affividavit, I suspect that you're being asked about your property - so I'm assuming this is a collections case or some case where you're being obligated to pay damages?