My car was totaled last week because the load on the back of…

Customer Question
My car was totaled...

My car was totaled last week because the load on the back of a tractor trailer fell off and landed on my car. The total loss value came back at less than I owe on the vehicle. Now I am sitting with a $3300 debt and no car. Can I go after the trucking company for the additional amount?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the mobile home?

It’s not a mobile home

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Is this a real person?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just connect me

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/26/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 5 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.

Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

Yes, you can absolutely seek compensation from the insurance carrier of the trucking company - or sue the trucking company directly. I'm assuming you exchanged information with the company on the scene?