On 12-11-17, my wife and I attended one of those vacation…

Customer Question
On 12-11-17, my wife...

On 12-11-17, my wife and I attended one of those vacation resort presentations at Pigeon Forge Tn. and was sucked into signing up. After reflection we feel we were a victim of over bearing sales practices, so 48 hours later I faxed the company asking to cancel said contract #. We have heard nothing yet. I am 81 and my wife is 78 and very confused, please advise. C. A. Frees

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Nothing yet. I asked for a cancelation conformation to my email address

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
12/26/2017
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 6 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. If you cancel, the seller cannot charge a penalty and must refund all of the money you paid within 30 days after receiving your notice of cancellation (Tenn. Code Ann. § 66-32-114(a)).

In Tennessee, a timeshare contract is voidable up until you receive the public offering statement. The contract can also be cancelled within:

• ten days from the date you signed the contract, if you made an on-site inspection of the timeshare project prior to signing the contract, or
  • 15 days after you sign the contract, if you did not make an on-site inspection of the timeshare project before you signed the contract (Tenn. Code Ann. § 66-32-114(a)).

The right to cancel cannot be waived (Tenn. Code Ann. § 66-32-114(c))

To cancel the timeshare purchase, you may:

• hand deliver written notice to the developer, or
  • mail your cancellation notice by prepaid United States mail, postmarked anytime within the cancellation period (Tenn. Code Ann. § 66-32-114(c)).

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!