I need your help. Some body blackmailing me by sending me my…

Customer Question
Hello mam I need...

Hello mam I need your help

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Some body blackmailing me by sending me my picture

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Nothing

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

So what should I do

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
12/26/2017
Lawyer: Blake, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Blake
Blake, Lawyer

Hello, I am a licensed attorney with JustAnswer and I will be happy to help you with this. Please keep in mind that this conversation is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. Please wait one moment while I review this matter for you.

Blackmail is a crime. You can report this person to your local police and have them arrested. If this blackmail is taking place through the internet then you may report the blackmailer to the FBI online at www.IC3.gov which is their internet crime complaint center.

You can also sue the blackmailer in Small Claims court for "Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress", based on blackmail. Small Claims is very easy to manage, you don't need an attorney, and you can get the forms and instructions at the court. You can ask for "Pain and Suffering" in any amount up to the maximum small claim amount in your location.

I hope this information is helpful to you and I sincerely ***** ***** all the best with this situation.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If you are satisfied with this answer, please press the “accept” button now and leave a 5 star rating so that I may be given credit for the service that I provided you.
Once you press “accept” and leave a positive rating to this answer, this question will lock open and you will be able to return here at any time to ask me follow-up questions for free, which I will be happy to answer.
If there is any way I can provide better service, please let me know and I will be happy to help.