Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

How do I open My Social Socurity account with. Virginia

Customer Question
How do I open...

How do I open My Social Socurity account with

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Virginia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
12/25/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 month ago

Are you wanting to apply for benefits or what here, some more information please,thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No. I want to prevent thieves from creating their own account in my name and redirectlng my benefits
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 month ago

You can create your own account here.If you already have one, change the password ***** n=month or so.Best way to prevent someone from tampering with your identity and account.

https://secure.ssa.gov/RIL/SiView.do

It would be very difficult for someone to be able to know your specific information and password ***** if you change it every month or so.

Ray, Lawyer