Driving this morning. Very windy out. Someone's trashcan,

Customer Question
Driving this morning. Very windy...
Driving this morning. Very windy out. Someone's trashcan, issued by this city, blew into the road and damaged my vehicle. The address of the home it belongs to was on this large green heavy duty trash can. I took a picture of my vehicle, the can visibly showing the number of the home it belonged to. Do I have any recourse?
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
12/25/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

I would contact the owner at that address and see if they have homeowners.It would normally cover such a third party claim.The neighbor appears negligent in not securing the can away from anywhere it could harm vehicles.You can sue in small claims if they lack proper homeowners insurance.These are your legal options.Take pics of can and your car here and where it occurred.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5stars it is much appreciated.

Happy Holidays.

Small claims forms to sue owner

https://www.jud.ct.gov/webforms/forms/cv040.pdf

Ray, Lawyer