For an agent to represent both parties (dualism) both

Customer Question
For an agent to...

For an agent to represent both parties (dualism) both parties have to agree in writing Where in the paperwork is this base covered? Is it para 17 on the standard form?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

NC

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes and No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes another question: when closing on a home that is in a HOA environment the proration of the HOA dues is from May 1st to April 31. Our lawyer used March 1 to February 29 th The community is Fairfield Harbour in New Bern, NC Should I process a grievance to the BAR or to the Realestate Commission

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
12/25/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Typically, there would be a separate dual agency agreement signed by the parties.

With regard to the attorney's error, if you were damaged, you would first make a demand on the attorney to reimburse you for any overcharge or deficiency.

If they refuse, then you can file a complaint with the state bar and also file a claim for malpractice, if they were representing you.