I need to speak with a civil attorney from Oregon. How much…

Customer Question
I need to speak with...
I need to speak with a civil attorney from Oregon. How much will that cost?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
A client sued me in small claims court in Oregon and lost. I countersued for $5k for defamation and lost as well, but was confused why the judge ruled on my case at all and didn't refer to the circuit court, as I was told by the mediator that defamation cases are out of Small Claim Court's jurisdiction and the judge would have to refer it.I'm thinking she erred and of course this doesn't prevent me from suing in circuit court for libel/slander, and malicious prosecution because Small Claims never had the right to hear that kind of case in the first place, right?
12/25/2017
Lawyer: Michael Bradley, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Michael Bradley

when was the decision made by the small claims judge?

Tina, Lawyer